Milliken is one of the largest privately held textile and chemical manufacturers in the world, headquartered in US, with regional business centres for EMEA in Belgium. The Chemical Division is widely acknowledged as an international leader in research technology, innovation and customer service & is active in a wide range of applications with highly differentiated products. Our Colorants technology is broadly applied in a vast range of applications like detergents, fertilizers, polyurethanes at the major players in industry, where Milliken has a strong market position.
Business: Chemical manufacturers
Pay: A competitive remuneration package
Hours: Full time, hours to be arranged
A-Level Chemistry (or equivalent)
Use of analytical laboratory Equipment
Clear colour perception essential.
Minimum Age: 16
Description: A position with growing opportunities in a unique, dynamic & international environment. The possibility to acquire many skills and competencies, and at the same time, use your own talents in the most creative way possible. A qualified team that will support you and will encourage you to show your entrepreneurship and independence.
To support our growth aspirations, we are extending our technical team in the European Chemical Division at our recently acquired and expanding Huddersfield West Yorkshire, United Kingdom location, and are looking for a Quality Assurance Laboratory Associate.
The Quality Assurance Laboratory Associate will be responsible for carrying out and completing administration relating to Quality Assurance and Quality Control laboratory tests. Authority to accomplish specific tasks is implied by responsibility. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Quality Assurance Laboratory Manager or Regulatory Manager.
The key activities supporting this function will include:
Safety & Environmental
1. Comply with all safety regulations and processes in the laboratory and across the site.
2. Responsible to work within the laboratory in an environmentally sound manner through reduction of waste and pollution prevention methodology.
1. Responsible for carrying out Quality Control tests of Raw Materials and Finished Products in accordance with standard test methods and as instructed by the Quality Assurance Laboratory Manager to meet production schedule demands.
2. Carry out any preventative maintenance or calibration of laboratory equipment.
3. Ensure Quality Records are fully maintained in accordance with the Quality Manual and other systems.
4. Ensure data is fully recorded and updated into SAP, as appropriate, for any analysis carried out.
1. Ensure any Certificates of Analysis are available from SAP as necessary.
2. Work with Warehouse Manager, Quality Assurance Laboratory Manager and Customer Services to ensure an effective sample request program.
3. Ensure samples are processed and shipped in accordance with customer needs.
1. Responsible to perform other necessary duties as directed by the Quality Assurance Laboratory Manager or Regulatory Manager.
2. Maintain laboratory computers and instrumentation in cooperation with local systems administrator.
How to apply: Please email your CV to email@example.com