At Apollo Beds, we specialise in providing our customers with a wide selection of affordable beds and mattresses. Since 1988, we’ve helped the people of Yorkshire add style and creativity to their homes. We take pride in our wide variety of top-quality, affordable products.
Our knowledgeable staff are experienced in finding the perfect items to inspire our customers.
Business: Bed manufacturer
Training provided: Training via Woodspeen Training
Pay details: Meets minimum apprenticeship wage
Requirements: A minimum of 3 GCSEs (or equivalent). Applicants should have good time-keeping skills and a desire to succeed.
Minimum age: 16
Description: The role will be to support the manufacturing function by training in all aspects of standard manufacturing, with the focus being on fabric processing. In addition to this, training will be given in office based skills within manufacturing-to ensure a good understanding of all aspects of the role. The successful applicant will:
- Learn to request, inspect, measure and cut fabric to a high quality standard to enable use in the manufacturing of mattress and learn to efficiently carry out quality checks and fault identification during the process
- Train in the folding, movement and squaring of fabric to the correct size and quality to ensure every order is manufactured to the required standard.
- Follow correct manufacturing procedures at ALL times in adherence with departmental & company policies and report any discrepancies to your Supervisor immediately. If at any time you are unsure, ask your Supervisor.
- Learn to carry out basic servicing on the machines that includes cleaning & lubrication of the machine
- Ensure any and all assignments given in relation to the apprenticeship are carried out in a timely manner and delivered on time.
- Ensure all work time is scanned using the hand held scanners including productive and non-productive time and a written record of jobs carried out is completed. Any problems with scanning time should be immediately reported to your Supervisor so this can be adjusted.
- Maintain a good level of attendance at all times and inform your immediate supervisor of any absence immediately in accordance with company policy.
- When attending work, either on or off site always ensure Company work wear provided is worn.
- Ensure personal work space is kept clean and tidy at all times and when required assist with departmental cleaning as instructed by your Supervisor
- Verbally inform your Supervisor when the current job being worked upon is completed so the job can be moved away quickly so work on the next job can be started.
- Maintain a basic level of Health & Safety in all work practices.
- Challenge existing work practices within the department to improve service and efficiency levels ensuring the Manufacturing Supervisors are kept informed at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc duties considered reasonable, as requested by the Manufacturing Production Manager.
How to apply: To apply, please email your CV to: Tally.Panesar@woodspeentraining.co.uk . Please state the employer and the title of the vacancy that you wish to apply for. In your email please answer the following two questions:
- Why do you want this role?
- Where do you see yourself in 2 years time?
Please do not contact the employer directly.