Camira Fabrics -We make fabrics for spaces and places, from offices to schools, trains to buses, and shops to hospitals.
Our fabrics are used in a vast array of commercial interiors, education, healthcare, retail, and for passenger transport on bus, coach and rail. We make over 8 million metres of fabric a year, in the UK and in Lithuania, so you’re sure to have touched upon our fabrics either at work, at play or on the move.
We spin and dye yarn, grow bast fibre crops to blend with wool, and weave on over 100 dobby, jacquard and plush looms to create beautiful fabrics which bring colour, design and personality to interior schemes.
Business: Textile manufacturing
Training provided: NVQ training via The Textile Centre of Excellence.
Pay details: Starting Salary £11,154
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Requirements: GCSEs in Maths and English and good software skills.
- Good communication skills in both written and oral
- Attention to detail
- Methodical approach
- An analytical thinker
- Good time management
- Self-motivated and the ability to use own initiative.
- Good colour acuity / recognition
- Ability to perform manual handling tasks, lifting rolls of fabric
Minimum age: 16
To learn to and carry out laboratory tests in accordance with the correct test standard and ISO 17025 ensuring the reproducibility, reliability, quality and integrity of all results issued.
- Apply learning to support the Laboratory Analysts and Laboratory Assistant to ensure that sample preparation is completed effectively.
- Complete in house testing in line with worldwide standards and ISO 17025; accurately update testing databases with results.
- Review test data against specification and raise non-conformance documentation where required.
- Precisely record and report results to the business in a timely manner and in and in an appropriate format that is fit for purpose.
- Calibrate and maintain the laboratory equipment to required scheduling ensuring accurate calibration logs are maintained.
- Help to create, update and implement required laboratory documentation in line with ISO 17025 ensuring that document control processes are followed.
- Maintain high standards of housekeeping in the laboratory area ensuring high professional standards are maintained at all times.
- Compile comprehensive learning documentation log to use and refer back to, when required.
This position is for an immediate start.
How to apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com