Lepton C.E (VC) J I & N school is a primary junior & nursery school based in Huddersfield.
Training provided: NVQ Diploma Business Administration via Kirklees College.
Pay details: Meets national apprenticeship wage
Hours: Monday-Friday, 35 hours per week, 8.30am-4pm (term time only)
Requirements: It is necessary that the candidate is educated to GSCE (or equivalent) level in English and Maths.
- Good knowledge of a range of systems/equipment (word, excel, PowerPoint, databases)
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently on own initiative and under pressure whilst maintaining a high standard.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent attention to detail and accurate reporting
- Good written and oral skills
- Good listening skills
Minimum age: 16
- Answering the telephone in a polite and professional manner promptly
- To work at the Reception Desk, greeting visitors on arrival in a polite, welcoming manner.
- Handling visitors’ requests in a helpful, efficient way.
- Ensure all messages are dealt with efficiently and appropriately making sure a contact telephone number is taken and then passed on to the relevant person(s) in an efficient and timely manner.
- To inform the Manager if a visitor raises a concern or complaint.
- To ensure external mail is posted or taken to the post office in a timely fashion.
- To ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat, tidy and safe.
- To ensure an active part is taken with the general duties of maintaining running a smooth office environment.
- To be proactive in seeking to acquire new skills which will be to the benefit of the school, such as any training courses, reading etc.
- Undertake various administration duties that will involve, corresponding by email, letter, recording information on to a spread sheet, filing and scanning.
How to apply: To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state the employer and title of vacancy that you are applying for. In your application, please answer the following questions:
- What skills do you have that would benefit us?
- Where do you see yourself in 1 year?
Please do not contact the employer directly.