ENCO was founded almost a decade ago, and our commitment to competitive pricing and high quality is the driving force behind the work we still do today. From our head office situated in Halifax, we operate nationally with some of the largest energy providers in the industry, and numerous clients requiring our specialist services. Initially founded as pipe work specialists, ENCO has since expanded to include work such as steel fabrication and design consultancy.
Business: Pipework services
Training provided: NVQ Diploma in Business Administration
Pay details: Meets National Apprenticeship Wage
Hours: Monday – Friday. 9am -5pm. 37.5 hours per week
Requirements: Ideally applicants should have GSCEs in English and Maths at grade C or above (new grades 4-9) but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator who has a polite, clear and professional telephone manner.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to work accurately under pressure.
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages.
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management.
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills.
- Confident in using email and the internet.
- The successful candidate will be organised.
- Willing to work effectively in the team.
- Ability to work in a confidential manner
Minimum age: 16
- Dealing with customers over the telephone in a professional manner.
- Aiding in the production and checking of sales quotations
- Filing correspondence with a high degree of accuracy and keeping the online database system up to date.
- Producing letters, emails, other documentation as and when required
- Monitor support emails and deal with customer enquiries
- Updating information accurately
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors to the business.
- Providing refreshments as and when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level ofaccuracy
- Undertake general office procedures i.e., scanning documentation, faxing, shredding and laminating etc.
- Using Microsoft Packages in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ensuring that the Policies of the Company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality.
- Send mail shots by post and email
- Produce packs of marketing literature for the sales team
- After training, utilise the company’s social media to promote products and services in line with company brand image and vision.
- After training, use a specific lead generation database to target new prospects
- After training, make follow up calls to secure appointments for sales staff
- Work to deadlines/timescales
- After training, using SAGE
- Process Supplier Invoices
- Inputting financial information
- Providing reports as and when required
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
How to apply: For more information please contact Nicola Barnes at Kirklees College or email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please answer the following questions in your application:
- Have you had any experience of working under pressure? Please give details of the situation and how you dealt with this.
- Please identity how your skills would be of benefit to the team.
Please do not contact the employer directly.