At Coffee Culture Catering we pride ourselves on being able to provide a friendly service while still providing excellent quality. Our cafe and function rooms are in the Mereside Centre which is situated in Shibden Country Park in just outside Halifax, West Yorkshire. Our flexible and adaptable function rooms offer a perfect setting for events of all kinds, whether for meetings, conferences and away days or children’s parties, wedding receptions, christenings, or other celebrations. In December we provide Christmas meals for groups of all sizes, small or large.
Business: Cafe / function rooms
Training provided: Training via Kirklees College
Pay details: Meets apprenticeship wage
Hours: 30 hrs per week inclusive of
3 days through the week
1 day during the weekend
1 day in college if required
Including some evening work for events management. Time to be split evenly between café and office duties.
(All scheduled on a monthly rota basis although scheduled hours may change according to the needs of the business)
- Good personal organisation and communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure during busy periods
- The ability to work without direct supervision as well as part of a team
- A genuine interest, passion and desire to work in the hospitality and catering industry
- A drive to succeed within the industry
- The ideal candidate will be punctual, reliable and flexible
- Smart personal presentation
Minimum age: 16
Description: Supervising a small multi-skilled and dedicated team. Excellent working conditions in a lovely, picturesque environment. A satisfying job with direct customer contact.
- To oversee the delivery, collection and presentation of the hospitality service.
- Working with the Events Co-ordinator including meetings with clients to discuss requirements, processing deposits for events, general events admin, sourcing materials for events such as flowers, decorations, sashes etc and hosting, supervising and overseeing the smooth running of events including staff management
- To ensure that the client receives the highest possible standard of hospitality.
- To ensure that all time constraints are met each and every time.
- To provide hands-on support to team members
- To train and motivate all team members
- To support the Finance & Payroll Manager with administrative work including the use of Accounts & Payroll Software, HR administration, bank reconciliation, cash handling.
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries, updating online diary with event details for events.
The cafe role will include:
- Learning to produce barista standard coffees.
- Learning all aspects of the POS tills.
- Ensuring that excellent customer service is delivered at all times.
- Deploying staff to specific roles and areas throughout the service period.
- Producing staffing rotas to ensure adequate staff cover for the café, events, mobile sales points etc
- Ensuring hygiene and health and safety procedures are followed
How to apply: To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com . Please state the vacancy title and location of the post that you are interested in. In your email, please answer the following 2 questions:
- Why do you want to work within the Hospitality industry?
- What are you hoping to achieve through this apprenticeship opportunity?
Please do not contact the employer directly.